Effective Date: May 21st 2018
Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers cares deeply about the privacy of its visitors and users, and is fully committed to protect their personal information and use it properly in compliance with data privacy laws. This policy describes how we may collect and use personal information, and the rights and choices available to our visitors and users regarding such information.
1. Information we collect
1.1. Visitor and User Information
We collect two types of information: Personal Information (which could be used to uniquely identify an individual) and Non-personal Information (which is non-identifying).
Personal information may be collected by visiting our store, telephoning us through our online portal.
- The Non-personal Information collected by us mainly consists of technical and aggregated usage information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing on our Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc. This non personal information is collected automatically and does not enable us to identify the Visitor or User from whom it was collected.
- The Personal Information collected by us mainly consists of contact details (e.g., e-mail address or phone number), billing details (name, physical billing address, payment method and transaction details), which are only collected from those visiting, telephoning us or online users when enquiringly to or purchasing pre-order goods and services. For online users, details regarding a browsing or usage session (IP address, Geo-location and/or device unique identifier), correspondences (including those made through or uploaded to our Services), and any other Personal Information provided to us by Visitors and/or Users through their access to and/or use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information that is connected or linked to Personal Information (for example, in order to improve the Services we offer) is deemed and treated by us as Personal Information, as long as such connection or linkage exists.
- Personal information also relates to information provided to us by users and clients when placing an order for delivery to a recipient. Recipient data is confidential and not shared with any internal, external or third party under any circumstances. Any recipient may contact us to request their data be removed in accordance with our user data policy as detailed below.
1.3 Job Applicant Information
We also collect information that is provided to us by job candidates, when they apply to any of the open positions.
2. Information Collection
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information through your use of the Services. When you visit us, telephone us or use our online services, including when you browse the Website or any User Website, register a User Account, edit your User Website and upload information and content we are aware of it and will usually gather, collect and record such uses, sessions and related information, either independently or with the help of third-party services as detailed in Section 8 below, including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, as further detailed in Section 9 below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide us when you register to our Services; when you sign in to our Services via third party services such as Facebook or Google; when you place purchases; when you submit or upload such Personal Information as you use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly visiting our store, telephoning us or by emailing us.
- 3. Information Usage
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate our Services;
- To further develop, customize and improve our Services, based on Visitors’ and Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and support;
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages (as further detailed in Section 10 below);
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
- To consider Applicants’ for a job vacancy.
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in Section 3 where we are satisfied that:
- Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with our services, to provide you with our customer assistance and support), or
- Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have.
Our Services are not permitted to children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 should provide any Personal Information to us through any of our Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. Parents and guardians should supervise their children's activities at all times.
4. Information Storage
Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers visitors and Users’ Personal Information may be stored by us and service providers in the United Kingdom and United States of America for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law.
Upon request Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. As per GDPR in the EU you may request access, correct, or request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting us via the contact details below. We will respond to your request within a timeframe imposed by local laws or a reasonable timeframe.
Please note that permanently deleting your records erases all of your information on our database. After completing this process, your User Account and all its data will be removed permanently, and we will not be able to restore your account or retrieve your data in the future. If you contact us in the future, the online system will not recognize your account and Support agents will not be able to locate the deleted account.
5. Users-of-users' Information
Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers may collect, store and process certain Non-personal and Personal Information solely on our Users’ behalf and at their direction.
6. Sharing personal information with third parties
Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers may share your Personal Information with third parties (or otherwise allow them access to it) only in the following manners and instances:
6.1. Third Party Services:
Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers use a few 3rd party providers whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our service. These include hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, performance measurement, data optimization and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Service(s)”). Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to our Visitors’ and Users Personal Information, in its entirety or in part – depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services and business, and may only use it for such purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for any other reason.
6.2. Law Enforcement, Legal Requests and Duties:
Where permitted by local data protection laws, Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers may disclose or otherwise allow others access to your Personal Information pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, legal proceedings, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, if we have good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you.
6.3. Protecting Rights and Safety:
Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers may share your Personal Information with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of floristPro, any of our Users, any Users-of-Users, or any member of the general public, with or without notice to you.
6.4. Social Media Features and Framed Pages:
Our Services include certain Social Media features and widgets, single sign on features, such as the “Facebook Connect” or “Google Sign-in”, the “Facebook Like” button, the “Share this” button or other interactive mini-programs (“Social Media Features”).These Social Media Features may collect information such as your IP address or which page you are visiting on our Website, and may set a cookie to enable them to function properly. Social Media Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these third parties’ Social Media Features are governed by their policies and not ours.
In addition, our Services may enable you to share your Personal Information with third parties directly, such as via page framing techniques to serve content to or from Third Party Services or other parties, while preserving the look and feel of our Website and Services (“Frames”). Please be aware that if you choose to interact or share any Personal Information via such Frames, you are in fact providing it to these third parties and not to us, and such interactions and sharing too are governed by such third parties’ policies and not ours.
We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional content and messages by e-mail, calls and similar forms of communication.
If you do not wish to receive such promotional messages or calls, you may notify Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers at any time or follow the “unsubscribe” or STOP instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
8.2. Service and Billing Messages:
Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers may also contact you with important information regarding our Services, or your use thereof. For example, we may send you a notice (through any of the means available to us) that is in process or completed if a certain Service is temporarily suspended, a service which has a query which in order to complete we need you contact you, send you reminders or warnings regarding upcoming or late payments for your current or upcoming invoices or subscriptions; forward abuse complaints; or notify you of material changes in our Services.
It is important that you are always able to receive such messages. For this reason, you are not be able to opt-out of receiving such Service and Billing Messages unless you are no longer a Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers user or client, provided that all payment obligations are fulfilled (which can be done by deactivating your account).
9. Your rights in relation to your personal information
It is imperative that you have control over your Personal Information which is why we enable you to receive a copy of, update, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
Before disclosing the requested Personal Information, we may ask you for additional information in order to confirm your identity and for security purposes. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law (e.g., if your request is unfounded or excessive).
You have the right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection (but we still recommend that you contact us first).
If you are a Flowers by Susan trading as Elizabeth McKenna Flowers Visitor or User, and you wish to receive a copy, access and/or request us to make corrections to the Personal Information that you have stored with us (either yours or your Users-of-Users’), or wish to request a list of what Personal Information (if any) pertaining to you we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We will make all reasonable efforts to complete your request promptly (unless we require further information from you in order to fulfil your request), subject to legal and other permissible considerations.
10. Data Retention
We may continue to retain such Personal Information even after you deactivate your User Account and/or cease to use any particular Services, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding our clients and Users prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests. We maintain a data retention policy which we apply to information in our care. Where your Personal Information is no longer required we will ensure it is securely deleted.
Securing your personal information, and use various security measures to better protect it.
However, as we can’t guarantee absolute protection – we encourage you to be careful, set a strong password for your account, and avoid submitting any sensitive information which, if exposed, could cause you major harm.
12. Updates and Interpretation
13. Contacting Us